Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 4

I always think that on a Thursday when the older 2 kids are both in school I'll get lots done, but not today.  Someone does pick up the kids for school, but then Abi is only at that school for an hour for Art and then goes to her regular school.  So I take her there and then run the other little ones to a Garden music class.  They love it.  I have a goal to create 3 memories a day with my kids.  One of today's memories was Lexi at Garden Music.  We begun to sing a song that the kids had sung before, but I had no idea how well she had picked it up.  Towards the end of the verse they say sshhhhh, Stop!  She did it perfectly and sang it with such conviction.  I couldn't help but have a good laugh because it was sooooo cute!!!  She's hysterical.  She loves to listen to the radio in the car.  If she hears a song she likes she yells, "up, up!!"  To turn it up.  She can sing parts of "I got a feeling."  I just can't get enough that kid!

After music I ran home popped brownies in the oven for the "Bunco for Bangladesh" fundraiser I was attending that evening, taught a student, had lunch with Neil, printed a coupon for a 8 week Life coach session as a give away then ran to pick up Porter and Abi from 2 different schools. 

I was determined to get something done towards my 30 day regroup, so when I came home from picking up kids, I did have a half hour.  I grabbed a garbage bag and filled it quickly with clothes I needed to clean out of my closet.  I did something!!  Woo hoo, I was thankful for that very small accomplishment.  I ran Abi to her first French class, (yes I know, what am I thinking adding one more trip in the car and class to my schedule, but she's so excited) took the stuff to the hotel where the "Bunco for Bangladesh" fundraiser was being held and back to pick up Abi.  I picked up Porter and took him to swimming and then went and attended the function. 

For those of you who look for ways to change the world that are manageable as a mother and wife, the new group I belong to is "Soroptimist International" is a wonderful group that supports all sorts of things that better the lives of women all over the world.  Being I was doing day 30 day, I truly wanted to just stay home and keep working, but I was already committed to this and really wanted to attend.  I met some wonderful ladies and potential clients.  It was a great night. 

Still determined to accomplish something in my day, I stopped at Target on my way home and decided to look for storage containers.  I'm still working on the "paper work" mess.  I decided I wanted some cute containers that I could sort mail into categories and just let it accumulate through the year and then put in in one big envelop at the end of the year.  One container will be for monthly bills like CC's and utilities. I also want those in one box because some many of those bills can be written off on our taxes. Another box for medical bills and insurance papers etc....  I think I can sort it quickly each day.  I'm not a filer, so I think this will work for met mentally.  My sister in law does something similar to this with her kids school work through the year.  I did find some containers I liked and a label maker!!  I came home and did do a little work in the office and tossed some stuff out.  Hopefully all these little successes will keep adding up!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment