Sunday, October 24, 2010

The scrapbook supply delema

As much as I at one time loved to scrapbook and as much as I need a hobby and a creative outlet, it's just not going to be scrapbooking ever again.  Well, I would actually like to do some online scrapbook booking and have books printed, but they definitely don't cost any more than the supplies do and I think after practicing it would take less time. 

What I'd love to do is learn more about taking better and more creative pictures.  I loved scrapbooking at one time and I love to look at others work!  Its fun, creative and preserves memories.  But I want to learn how to take a more captivating picture and worry less about the embellishments that go with it.  That just where I'm at. 

Now what do I do with all the stuff I'm accumulated.  Scrapbooking and stamping has served me well in the past.  I made a living with it, made lots of friends and even did some traveling because if it.  I've got most of my stash at a discount, but I still have accumulated way too much stuff that I doubt highly I'll ever use or miss most of it.  I want it out of my house.  I seriously don't want to take the time to do a garage sale or ebay it.  I wonder if Craig list is easier and/or faster.  I'd love for someone to come buy the whole stash and they can ebay it to their hearts content etc...  I have lots of stamps, stickers, paper, die cuts (fonts and shapes), embellishments, the list goes on!  I think I'll start with getting in all in one spot and then think about advertising on Craig's list.  If anyone has a better idea or even wants to take it off my hands, let me know. 

I know I'll keep some of the paper, that I can use for dream boards with my students, but the rest needs to go. 

Why do we hang on to stuff?  There is nothing like going through a box, a drawer etc... and finding stuff we forget we ever had.  Sometimes I think any box I haven't opened in the garage for over a year I should just toss without even looking inside.  If I haven't needed if for a year, I probably won't ever need it.  Hmmmm....  I have some tough love to do with myself. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend there in Great falls that sells various brands of scrapbooking supplies on ebay, that is what she does for a living full time. She may buy some of it off of you if you are interested. I can give you her number.

    ReplyDelete