Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekly successes

I'm excited about how things are going and quite frankly very grateful for those of you following.  It's like my own little support group.  We all need someone to answer to now and then.  I always joke there is a reason Weight Watchers makes so much money. 

One small success that I'm happy to report is that I never once turned on the TV for my own personal enjoyment.  As a baby sitter for the little ones, heck yeah!!  Wish I could say I don't do that, but guilty!!!  I didn't watch a single one of my nightly shows.  This gave Neil and I a lot more time to talk and work through some things.  It also gave me more time to work, helped me stay more focused and I went to bed at a better hour on the nights Neil and I didn't stay up talking. 

I did make a deal with Neil that we could watch our shows on line on the weekend.  He went out of town this weekend so I treated myself to Grey's Anatomy last night.  It was great, less commercials and I didn't end up staying in front of the TV to just watching what ever came on next. 

I learned I can live without Dancing with the Stars, Modern Family and Biggest Loser.  That's a lot of hours saved and I'm happy to say I'm starting a new habit.  This week should be easier and the next week even easier.  It's all about creating successful habits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment