Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 5

Neil has been working 12 + hour days for months now.  It's just that time of year when you are in agriculture.  I planned a weekend for him and Porter away.  My dear friend let them take her camper and I found a great place where the boys could camp, golf and fish.  I think its called Cascade Peaks if I remember right, in Randle, WA. 

I busily got them ready on Friday morning by going shopping, packing  etc...  I had students coming at 2 and needed to pick Abi up from school and take her to dance at 3.  I knew after that I could get to work!!! 

I had thought about tearing into the upstairs, but the more I thought about it I decided the kitchen would become my project for a good part of the weekend.  After finally getting home from dance, getting dinner and checking on Neil and Porter, I put Lexi to bed, and ran to McDonald's for some a diet Dr. Pepper.  I thought if I could just stay up a good part of the night and work without kids under foot I'd get a lot done.

When we moved here I was still running a business and was pregnant 3 days later.  So I didn't have the energy or time I needed when I unpacked in an orderly fashion.  I've never been happy with the way I organized the kitchen and it's been making me crazy for a while.  I started with the cupboard that had the spices and meds in it.  Man I tossed a lot of stuff.  That sure needed to be done long before now.  I kept moving and was doing pretty good.  I'd heard Lexi wake up once and fuss for a bit and I thought she'd gone back to sleep.  I heard her again about midnight and decided I should go check on her.  As soon as I opened the door I could smell she'd been sick.  Curdled milk all in her hair and all over her bed.  Poor girl. 

I bathed her and sat on the couch with her and watched a movie until I thought she'd go back to sleep.  It wasn't the way I hoped to end the day, but I still got a good start on the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment