Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 6

An entire day with very few "have to dos!"  I'm so excited.  Abi has a ride to Nutcracker practice and I just have to pick her up.  Time to get to work!!!!

My friend Bev had helped me get the stuff in my pantry all in Tupperware containers.  The problem was I hadn't labeled any of the containers, so as I ran out of stuff, I'd forget what I was suppose to buy and replace it with.  I also had some extra containers that I hadn't put stuff in yet and then boxes of stuff you get from Costco that never really fits very good anywhere.  The pantry was a mess.  Abi helped me and we started pulling everything out of it.  It was now time to use my new fancy label maker!!  Woo hoo. 

Note to anyone buying a label maker that I'm discovered the hard way.  Look to see the order the letters are in.  This probably sounds simple enough and like a good idea, the letters are in order from A-Z.  Well, I'm use to typing both on a computer and on my Blackberry.  My fingers instantly go to where they think they should be on a keyboard and my brain does not think to look for them in alphabetical order.  If I had it to do again, I'd buy a label maker with a keypad that's the same as a keyboard. 

I labeled and filled and labeled and filled.  It looks amazing!!!  I'm just tickled pink with how it looks and how much easier it will be to find things now.  I called Bev because I wanted some one to come "oohhh and awweee" with me over my accomplishment.  She was so incredibly sweet, not only did she come humor me, she also brought me lunch and me with so other projects I was attacking in the kitchen.  She stayed with the babies while I went to get Abi which was a huge help considering there was some paperwork I needed to turn in. 

As Bev helped me I could help but feel a little humble.  She was a friend I had taken the time to visit with earlier in the week.  I was trying to decide how I'd felt about my decision.  Part of my goal for the 30 days was to say "no" to pretty much anything that wasn't life threatening.  No socializing and not feeling it was necessary to take on any service project that came my way.  But one of the things I learned is that if I pick how and when I serve and chose to serve versus using it as an excuse to avoid my "need to do" list, then it all works out in the end.  We don't always end up served by the person we served especially so immediately.  I believe that much of life is a pay it forward kind of thing.  We do a good deed and when we are in need of a good deed the person we need most will be there. 

The kitchen counters are now cleaned off completely and I de-junked the top of the refrigerator.  Why do people think they can just pile stuff there. 

I then moved back to the office and kept working there.  I have a 3 draw Rubbermaid container that had a bunch of stuff from one of my other lives, my scrap booking and stamping days.  Seriously, what and I going to do with all these little zip lock bags, blank gift bags and other misc crap.  The office is coming along.  I need some really good ideas for filing.  there is paperwork I'm just not sure how I want to sort and store.  I just have to keep tackling one challenge at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment